Jacaranda Community PreSchoolEarly Education
Jacaranda is a highly regarded, well established preschool which was rated ‘Exceeding the National Quality Standards’ by ACECQA.
BlueFish Marketing developed & helped implement a high impact strategy which leveraged Jacaranda Preschool’s extensive network, great reputation, high quality rating, website and Facebook page to increase the preschool’s profile and generate more 4year old enrolments.
From 2015-2017, BlueFish Marketing provided strategic marketing support to Jacaranda Preschool to:
- Create a 5 year Strategic Plan for the Preschool. Created in conjunction with the Director, Committee Members & Staff team, this plan was successfully implemented in 2015. Recognised as best practice by Community Preschool support groups such as iHub, this plan has formed the basis of staffing decisions, prioritised a newly finalised Lease with Sutherland Shire Council and drove the planned creation of an Inclusion Support Room for 2017. Jacaranda Preschool Inc proudly share their new Strategic Plan with all incoming parents as part of their orientation evenings and it forms a key document in helping to guide the Preschool’s plans each year.
- Generate awareness of the preschool among local families via a highly targeted, very low cost Marketing Plan via a new look website, Facebook plan, local business directories and social media groups. This stronger online presence enabled Jacaranda Preschool to reach more local families & post news and enrolment information.
- While Jacaranda Preschool has been a part of the community for well over 50 years, we needed to raise awareness of the preschool amongst newer local residents and remind parents of young children of what it has to offer in comparison to long daycare centres. The first step was to generate coverage in the local newspaper – by leveraging advertising and becoming an (unofficial) spokesperson for local Preschools, Jacaranda Preschool has had coverage in 3 editions over the past 12 months, including a mention and photo on the front page in January, a peak time for last minute enrolments.
- To build confidence in the centre and showcase their high educational standards, we entered Jacaranda PreSchool in the Sutherland Shire Small Business Awards and ran a campaign encouraging parents to vote for the centre. Winners in 2015 and Finalists in 2016, it was a great way to spread the news of the preschool’s ACECQA rating and how loved it is amongst current and past parents as well as creating coverage through the local Newspaper, Small Business Award media and Facebook.
- We leveraged word of mouth by encouraging the extensive parent & community network to share social media posts with enrolment opportunities, and encouraged reviews and recommendations across directories & social media.
- Centre Director Louise Murfet leveraged Facebook to position Jacaranda Preschool as the local expert on early education and school readiness, sharing stories, tips and hints for helping to develop and nurture 3-5 year olds and amplifying positive reviews, award nominations, press coverage and preschool events.
- We also built on existing preschool events (BBQs, Art Exhibition), extending the invitation to key members of the local community, the Mayor and Local Councillors and past and future families.
The only cost to the preschool was in the form of Facebook Advertising – boosting key posts about Jacaranda to reach more Mums in the local area – which was entirely at the preschool’s discretion.
Through local newspaper coverage in The Leader, local Small Business Awards, inclusion in childcare directories and social media activity, this plan reached a high proportion of families with young children, increasing the number of enquiries and effectively driving enrolments.