Providing Marketing Support for Unilever on a Contract BasisConsumer Products
Over the past 10 years Sarah has been providing Marketing support to Unilever ANZ on a contract basis to cover team gaps and provide additional support over key periods. Working across portfolios at a senior Marketing level (most recently as Marketing Director, Savoury for six months in 2016), responsibilities include achieving sales and share targets, developing and implementing world class Marketing Plans and effectively managing the extended team to deliver results.
Since 2009 I’ve been providing cover across the Unilever portfolio during busy periods, covering team gaps and managing high risk campaigns. Unilever contracts have included:
- Acting Marketing Manager Streets Ice Cream – 2018
- Marketing support on Rexona – Summer 2017/2018
- Acting Marketing Director, Savoury portfolio – 2016
- Magnum Brand Manager cover & Magnum Americana launch – 2015
- Support across Unilever Skin Care team – 2014
- Acting Marketing Director, Homecare portfolio – 2013
- Continental Better Homes & Gardens Campaign – 2011
- Acting Marketing Director, Homecare Portfolio – 2010
- Dove Pink Ribbon Campaign with Paula Joye -2010
- Dove Packed to The Rafters Campaign with Zoe Ventoura & Paula Joye– 2010
- Dove Packed to The Rafters Sponsorship & Campaign with Zoe Ventoura – 2009
- Rexona Women Australian Idol Sponsorship Campaign with Ricki Lee Coulter -2009
I’ve also been a member of the Unilever Marketing Leadership team as part of Marketing Director contracts
With the ability to get up to speed quickly, knowledge of the business and strong interpersonal and communication skills, I’m able to provide immediate support to the business.
While these contracts have been varied, the key elements are:
- Developing portfolio & brand strategies that achieve business results.
- Implementing campaigns across the full media mix (incl sponsorships, TVCs, print, digital, radio, retailer exclusive elements, consumer promotions and social media), working with global teams, local agency experts, media or network teams and creative agencies to develop strong creative.
- Ensuring that brand plans and marketing strategies are fully implemented in market and deliver measurable business results
- Managing extended teams – liaising with stakeholders, empowering teams and mentoring new and junior members to maximise productivity, create a strong positive and inclusive team culture and minimise staff turnover
I pride myself on consistently delivering results for the business and treating the brand & marketing team as my own, regardless of my scope or the length of the contract.